Learn to cook Japanese meals in our fun cooking Class at your chalet
Come and discover the Japanese cuisine and diet with Chef Chisato Amagai co-author of the award winning cookbook Harvest Niseko.
For the 2019/20 season Chef Chisato is offering cooking classes at your property.
Classes are relaxed, delicious, and always hands-on. Our menus are simple, seasonal and fun.
Our chef along with an English-speaking assistant come to your property, arrange the kitchen and conduct a memorable cooking class. We provide all ingredients and necessary equipment.
As part of the course we will cook a Japanese soul food; Onigiri, using everyday ingredients you can prepare Japanese food anytime and anywhere. Chef Chisato will explain what’s necessary to have in your pantry, how to use miso and Japanese seasoning.
2019 Autumn season menu includes:
- Udon salad and Gyoza (Pork and cabbage dumplings) OR
- Japanese Bento box (Onigiri, chicken teriyaki, Dashimaki tamago (Egg roll), tomato and pickled Cucumbers
2019/20 winter seasons:
Perfect for an activity outside the snow sports arena!
In the cooking class we will cook a Japanese teishoku menu with a mix of traditional and modern recipes (Teishoku is a traditional style of Japanese cuisine eaten daily, using everyday ingredients) and you can make Japanese food anytime and anywhere. Chisato will explain what’s necessary to have in your pantry, how to use miso and Japanese seasoning.
The winter season menu includes:
- White Japanese rice steamed with multigrain rice.
- Tofu and Wakame miso soup
- Chicken teriyaki
- Furofuki daikon (Braised daikon radish with miso sauce)
- Pickled cucumbers
For reservations contact email@example.com.
Available Tuesday and Friday from 10:30 to 13:30. We will arrive at your property est 09:30 to set up the workshop.
- Group of 1 – 3 person at 35,000JPY we can also offer a discount on your copy of Harvest Niseko by Tess Stomski and Chisato Amagai at 4,250JPY per book.
- Group of 4 – 6 person at 11,000JPY per person or 15,250JPY per person includes a copy of Harvest Niseko by Tess Stomski and Chisato Amagai.
- Group of 1 – 3 person at guest’s property / accomodation.
- Group of 4 – 6 person at guest’s property or at Mick’s wine bar.